Who is eligible to enter the Green Card Lottery?

You or your spouse must be a native of a country that is eligible to participate in the Diversity Visa Lottery. If you are born in a country that is not eligible, but both your parents or your spouse was born in an eligible country, you do qualify.

The U.S. State Department publishes the list of countries that are eligible to participate before each year's lottery. You must have a high school diploma or equivalent, defined in the United States as successful completion of a 12-year course of elementary and secondary education, OR you must have two years of work experience within the last five years in an occupation that requires at least two years of training or experience to perform.

Have more questions? Submit a request


  • Avatar
    Nicolas Stan

    QUESTION: How much does it cost to enter the draw?

    ANSWER: Application fees is from $80.00

  • Avatar
    Phivaalofa Tamale Kinikini

    We have 4 children and I need to include them in our application how can we including them

    ANSWER: YES you do

  • Avatar
    Ali Taha

    How much does it cost to enter draw

  • Avatar
    Thomas Smith

    The application fee starts from $80.00 and you should apply and pay online on www.usgreencardoffice.com/apply

    Edited by Thomas Smith
  • Avatar
    Arnold massa

    QUESTION: What are the correct MB of camera to use for pictures?

    ANSWER: You can use any camera with a good I can take photos in high resolution. Please follow our photo guide very carefully.

  • Avatar
    Enock Coffie

    QUESTION: Please i want to ask if you don't have passport now can i still apply

    ANSWER: Yes you can start your application without having a passport however you do need to enter your passport information latest the 1st of October in the year that you apply. Also you would not be able to travel to United States without a passport so before you attend the Visa interview in the American embassy you need me a valid none expired passport

  • Avatar
    Jose Cobos

    QUESTION: I already made the application for the green card but I cannot cancel online because I do not have a credit card in American $ currency. and My spouse and daughter do not have a passport, can I have the opportunity to participate in the lottery?

    ANSWER: You do not need a credit card in US dollar currency, you can use any debit or credit card to pay your application in any currency as your bank or card company would automatically convert your currency into United States dollars. All family members traveling to the United States need a valid none expired passport before they attend the Visa interview in the American embassy!